- attendees of LTZ Energy Solutions events, such as LTZ Energy Solutions Connect, or LTZ Energy Solutions-sponsored events;
- customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- subscribers to LTZ Energy Solutions publications and newsletters;
- visitors to LTZ Energy Solutions facilities; and
- suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
- The Personal Information you provide on third-party sites not controlled by LTZ Energy Solutions. When interacting with our websites, you also have the ability to link or connect with non-LTZ Energy Solutions websites, services, social networks, applications or other features. Enabling these features will lead to other parties than LTZ Energy Solutions processing information about you. LTZ Energy Solutions does not have any control over these features of other parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these parties before using these features.
3. Who is responsible for your personal information?
4. Which categories and specific pieces of personal information do we process?
LTZ Energy Solutions can process information about you collected directly from you both offline and online, including when you create an LTZ Energy Solutions account to access LTZ Energy Solutions products and services or attend an LTZ Energy Solutions-sponsored event. Information about you may also be provided to LTZ Energy Solutions by selected third-party sources, such as data aggregators who may not have a direct relationship with you or by third parties who collect information about you on behalf of LTZ Energy Solutions such as when you download an LTZ Energy Solutions whitepaper.
Specific pieces of information about you that LTZ Energy Solutions may collect and process depending on your interaction with LTZ Energy Solutions, includes:
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies you;
- photographs that identify you and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services ordered, financial details, and payment methods;
- company data such as the name, size, and location of the company you work for and your role within the company as well as publicly available company information and activity associated with company data;
- data from surveys conducted by LTZ Energy Solutions or by third parties on behalf of LTZ Energy Solutions and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- call recording and chat transcript data from Sales and customer support calls and live chat sessions or interviews;
- unique IDs such as your mobile device identifier or cookie ID on your browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device you use, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language;
- certain location or geolocation information you provide directly or through automated means if you choose to enable location-based services from your device or LTZ Energy Solutions app; and
- behavioral data of the internet-connected computer or device you use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities, or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site.
Please note that LTZ Energy Solutions does not control the content that you may post to LTZ Energy Solutions forums or social networks; in some cases, such content may be publicly available on the Internet. You should carefully consider whether you wish to submit personal information to these forums or social networks and whether you wish to make your profile available to other users, and you should tailor any content you may submit accordingly.
5. Why and how do we use your personal information?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to LTZ Energy Solutions;
- to create and administer an LTZ Energy Solutions account (also referred to as an ‘LTZ Energy Solutions Account’) and to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners and to process orders for LTZ Energy Solutions products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function, and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security and operation of our sites, facilities, networks, and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to administer subscriptions of LTZ Energy Solutions publications and newsletters;
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to your or your company’s interests; and
- to provide select business-to-business services to LTZ Energy Solutions customers using publicly available information about companies which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO that is publicly available.
These purposes are described below in further detail.
To communicate and respond to your requests and inquiries to LTZ Energy Solutions
If you get in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, reaching out to us via LTZ Energy Solutions chat, attending LTZ Energy Solutions events or other occasions, sending an email, or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about you to communicate with you and to respond to your requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with you on third-party social networks.
To create an LTZ Energy Solutions account and deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management
When you choose to register with us (such as to make use of our communities), we need to process the personal information provided by you so that we can create an LTZ Energy Solutions account for you. Please note, this only applies to personal information controlled by LTZ Energy Solutions, not personal information LTZ Energy Solutions processes on behalf of our customers.
To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners and to process purchases of our products and services
If you place an order for our products and services, or if you provide services to LTZ Energy Solutions, our employees, customers, or partners as a supplier or business partner, LTZ Energy Solutions processes information about you to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer your order, and help you get started and adopt our products and services. If you download products or services from our sites, LTZ Energy Solutions uses information about you to confirm certain information about your order (for example, that you did not experience problems in the download process).
To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function, and performance of our sites and products and services
We may process personal information in order to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function, and performance of our sites and products and services, including for quality assurance and training purposes, as well as for marketing and sales campaigns. This includes processing personal information to conduct surveys to improve LTZ Energy Solutions products and services. In case the sites permit you to participate in interactive discussions, create a profile, post comments, opportunities, or other content, or communicate directly with another user, or otherwise engage in networking activities on LTZ Energy Solutions sites, LTZ Energy Solutions may process personal information when moderating these activities.
To manage the security of our sites, facilities, networks and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, facilities, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving and insurance purposes.
To administer subscriptions of LTZ Energy Solutions publications and newsletters.
To market our products, services, events, or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
LTZ Energy Solutions may use information about you to notify you about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers, and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). LTZ Energy Solutions may also use personal information to advertise LTZ Energy Solutions’ products and services or related products and services, and also to have our distributors, resellers or partners notify you about our products or services or their related products or services (such as via joint sales or product promotions). We do our best to tailor your website visit, marketing experience and our communications to your expressed interests. This happens, for example, if you sign up for an LTZ Energy Solutions community or programs like the LTZ Energy Solutions Partner Network.
If you attend an event, LTZ Energy Solutions may process information about you gathered in relation to the event and can share information about your attendance with your company. LTZ Energy Solutions may also permit designated event partners or conference sponsors to send you up to two communications related to your event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request information about you at their conference booths or presentations, and their use of the information that you provide to them will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may also process your personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial.
To provide select services to LTZ Energy Solutions customers using publicly-available information which may include personal information such as the name of a company’s CEO
For some business-to-business services, we may collect the publicly available names of company directors and officials to better understand the status of these companies and help inform our services which relate to providing customers information about other companies.
6. What is our basis for processing information about you?
For personal information collected about you in the EU/EEA, the UK and other relevant jurisdictions, our basis for processing is the following:
- We rely on our legitimate interest in processing contact and related information about you in order to communicate adequately with you and to respond to your requests.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners, and to process purchases and downloads of documentation of our products and services, we need to process information about you as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with you.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities (including events) based on your consent where so indicated on our sites at the time your personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to keep you updated on developments around our products and services which may be of interest to you.
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, facilities, products, and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks, and systems.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
7. For what period do we retain personal information?
LTZ Energy Solutions maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about you we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If you have registered for an LTZ Energy Solutions account (LTZ Energy Solutions Account) to access LTZ Energy Solutions sites or to sign up for LTZ Energy Solutions marketing materials, your account information will be retained for as long as you maintain an active account. Your account and account information will be deleted if you do not log in for 18 consecutive months. LTZ Energy Solutions retains records of that deletion for 90 days.
- If you have registered for our newsletters and blogs, your subscription data will be retained for as long as you are subscribed to our distribution lists. LTZ Energy Solutions retains records of that deletion for 30 days.
- Contact information such as your email address or phone number collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with you at LTZ Energy Solutions events and conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with you. We treat you as an active contact if (i) you have interacted with LTZ Energy Solutions or updated your contact details and preferences in the past 18 months; and (ii) you have not made a deletion request.
- If you have reached out to us via LTZ Energy Solutions chat, we will delete all chat transcripts 90 days after the chat has concluded.
- If you have reached out to us via our support line and you have not opted out of call recording, we will delete call recordings 60 days after the call has concluded unless otherwise specified during the call.
- If you have visited an LTZ Energy Solutions facility, the personal information needed to allow you to enter the facility will be held for one year after your last visit for records retention purposes.
- Personal information needed to retain your opt-out preferences is retained for 20 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
8. When and how can we share your personal information?
Sharing within LTZ Energy Solutions
As a global organization, information about you may be shared globally throughout LTZ Energy Solutions’ worldwide organization. LTZ Energy Solutions employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Third-party service providers (for example, credit card processing services, order fulfillment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of LTZ Energy Solutions;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a commercial purpose:
- LTZ Energy Solutions distributors or resellers for further follow-up related to your interests, specific partners that offer complementary products and services or with third parties to facilitate interest-based advertising; and
- Event partners or conference sponsors for LTZ Energy Solutions events such as when you scan your badge at a sponsored booth.
9. How is personal information handled globally?
LTZ Energy Solutions is a global organization and personal information is processed globally as necessary in accordance with this policy. If personal information is transferred to an LTZ Energy Solutions recipient in a country that does not provide an adequate level of protection for personal information, LTZ Energy Solutions will take adequate measures designed to protect the personal information, such as ensuring that such transfers are subject to the terms of the EU Model Clauses or other adequate transfer mechanisms as required under relevant data protection laws. Additional country-specific information on data transfers may be provided if you sign up for an LTZ Energy Solutions account (LTZ Energy Solutions Account) or register for an event.
10. How is your personal information secured?
LTZ Energy Solutions has implemented appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
11. What cookies and similar technologies do we use on our sites?
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., pixels tags and device identifiers) are used by LTZ Energy Solutions and our advertising technology partners to recognize you and/or your device(s) on, off, and across different services and devices for the purposes specified in Section 5 above.
Cookies are small text files that contain a string of characters and uniquely identify a browser on a device connected to the Internet. We place cookies in your browser when you visit LTZ Energy Solutions sites and non-LTZ Energy Solutions sites that host our plugins or tags. Depending on your jurisdiction, you may be presented with different consent options, including the option to reject all non-essential cookies, prior to LTZ Energy Solutions placing cookies on your browser. Visitors from all jurisdictions are provided with the functionality to opt out of non-required cookies using the cookie preferences tool.
How can I manage my cookie preferences?
If you are a visitor of our sites, you can use our cookie preferences tool to opt-out of cookies that are not required to enable core site functionality, such as advertising and functional cookies.
If you do not want to receive cookies, you can also change your browser settings on your computer or other devices you are using to access our services. Most browsers also provide functionality that lets you review and delete cookies, including LTZ Energy Solutions cookies.
12. What are your privacy rights?
You can exercise your privacy rights in accordance with applicable laws. You have multiple privacy rights, subject to applicable law, in respect of the information we process about you:
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of your personal information
You may withdraw consent you have previously provided for the processing of information about you, including for email marketing by LTZ Energy Solutions.
- Delete personal information
You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about you.
- Change or correct personal information
You can edit some of the information about you by. You can also ask us to change, update or fix information about you in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict the use of personal information
You can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about you (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about you is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have your information provided to you
You can also ask us for a copy of the information about you and can ask for a copy of the information about you provided in a machine-readable form if you reside in the EU, California, or other jurisdiction that provides you this right as a matter of law.
If you are authorized to make an access or deletion request on behalf of a data subject, please reach out to us via email and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a data subject.
In the event you have previously created an account for a certain LTZ Energy Solutions portal, you can access and manage your personal information stored in these portals (i) by clicking the links and following the corresponding instructions, and (ii) taking the actions within each portal with regards to your personal information, such as updating your contact details, deleting certain entries or records, or downloading a copy of your profile. Please note that these actions are available to the extent permitted by each portal’s functionality.
If your inquiry relates to your company’s service account or support of LTZ Energy Solutions products or services, please note the LTZ Energy Solutions Privacy team cannot delete, correct, or access service account data or terminate your contracted LTZ Energy Solutions product or service account. Please go to the Contact LTZ Energy Solutions page for resources and contact information to administer service account data.
13. Do you collect sensitive information and information from children?
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you do not send us, and do not share any sensitive personal information (for example, government-issued IDs, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, genetic, or biometric data, criminal background, or trade union membership).
As a company focused on serving the needs of businesses, LTZ Energy Solutions' sites are not directed to minors and LTZ Energy Solutions does not promote or market its services to minors, except in very limited circumstances as part of specific educational outreach programs with parental permission. If you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected the personal information of a minor through our sites without appropriate consent, please notify us through our inquiry form so that we may immediately delete the information from our servers and make any other necessary corrections. Additionally, please use this same form to request the removal of content or information that was posted to our sites when the registered user was under the age of 16. Please note that such requests may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of the content may have been reposted by another user.
14. What are your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)?
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- 1. disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collected about you and the categories of personal information we sold (see Section 4);
- the categories of sources from which we collected such personal information (see Section 4);
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information about you (see Section 5); and
- the categories of third parties to whom we sold or otherwise disclosed personal information (see Section 8).
- 2. delete the personal information we collected from you (see Section 12); or
- 3. opt-out of any future sale of personal information about you (see Section 12).
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. If you are an authorized agent making an access or deletion request on behalf of a Californian resident, please reach out to us via email and indicate that you are an authorized agent. We will provide you with instructions on how to submit a request as an authorized agent on behalf of a Californian resident.
If you are a California resident, you may obtain information about exercising your rights, as described above, by contacting us via email.
15. Data Protection Officer
Written inquiries to the Global Data Protection Officer may be addressed to:
LTZ Energy Solutions Inc.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
651 N Broad St
Suite 205 #8078
Middletown, DE 19709
United States of America
16. Dispute resolution or filing a complaint
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that you believe we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact a U.S.-based third-party dispute resolution provider. Under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted. You also have the right to file a complaint with a competent data protection authority if you are a resident of a European Union member state.
17. Corporate Headquarters
Our corporate headquarters are located at:
LTZ Energy Solutions Inc.
651 N Broad St
Middletown, DE 19709
United States of America
switchboard: +1 (212) 287-7707
email: hello [at] ltz.energy